The Contemporaries are a vibrant and diverse group of young museum members and art enthusiasts who participate in a variety of social and educational activities in support of the museum's mission of enriching lives through the acquisition, preservation, and interpretation of the visual arts.
Its goal is to cultivate a new generation of museum leadership, while providing access to captivating programs and exclusive events and benefits for those who believe strongly in the value of the arts in the greater Portland community.
Become a member of the Contemporaries today!
Contemporaries membership $300 dual ($260 tax-deductible), $200 single ($160 tax-deductible)
Join Now or Renew at the Single or Dual level.
(Contemporaries membership is for those 45 years old and under.)
Contemporaries Steering Committee
Bree LaCasse, Co-Chair
Molly Meyer, Co-Chair
Click here for a list of Contemporaries as of 12/1/13.
Questions? Contact Will Cary at (207) 699-4909.
Stay in the know
Invitations to events are sent by email only. Sign up for our email list.
Find us on Facebook!
- Special access to Maine's largest arts organization, including four exclusive Contemporaries events annually such as:
Gallery talks with artists and curators
Private collection tours
- Free PMA admission for a full year (two adults and children 18 & under)
- Four free admission passes each year for your guests
- 10% discount at the PMA Store (20% during special holiday shopping days)
- Discounts on lectures, concerts, classes, children's workshops and adult courses
- Subscription to the Inside the Circle, the PMA Members' Magazine, with advance notice of exhibitions and programs
- Reciprocal membership benefits at 41 major art museums nationwide including:
Farnsworth Art Museum
Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts
Frick Collection, New York, New York
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston, Massachusetts
Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC
Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Connecticut
and many more.
Photos from past events
Urban Landscape: Winter Bash - 2/10/2011
Exclusive Preview Party for Photo-A-Go-Go - 12/8/10
Midsummer Party: American Moderns - 7/15/10
Eye Candy: Winter Bash - 2/10/2010
Event Photos from Portland Press Herald
On Collecting: Harold Osher Maps it Out - 12/1/09
Midsummer Party: Taste of the Midcoast at the Portland Museum of Art - 7/16/09
Open Studio: The Artist Studio Building - 4/28/09
Backstage Pass: Winter Bash - 1/22/09
On Collecting: American Metal - 12/3/08
Midsummer Party: Clapp House Untouched - 7/17/08
Studio Visit: Maine College of Art - 4/16/08
One Year Party - 2/7/08
Event Photos (password: art) by Brian Wedge